Nominations are due prior to each meeting. We will email members to let you know when the deadline will be.
- Only members may submit nominations. We ask that you attend at least one meeting before nominating a charity. (New members may still vote at their first meeting).
- A member may only submit 1 nomination per quarterly meeting, and the charity must be a 501(c)(3) located in Pinellas County that has been a 501(c)(3) for at least one year.
- No national charities will be considered, however, local branches of national charities are eligible for consideration. The purpose is for 100% of the contribution to stay in Pinellas County.
- Three charities from the nominations are randomly selected at the meeting – those 3 will have 5 minutes to explain and 5 minutes for Q&A.
- The organization must agree NOT to use the names for future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
- After a charity receives the most votes at a meeting and receives our collective gift, they cannot be nominated again for 3 years. If your charity is selected to present but does NOT receive the most votes, they may be nominated again for the next meeting.
- Refer to the “How it Works” page for more details.